I’ve been photographing weddings for 8 years now, and getting dressed for a wedding is one of the hardest things to do! It can’t be too tight, can’t be too loose, can’t be too low cut, can’t be too thick or thin, too short or long, must have sleeves, and pockets are a plus! I feel like Goldilocks every time I need to shop for my wedding apparel, and I just restocked my closet for my Fall season! So I wanted to share with you guys what I found and what I love!
I also found THE BEST shoes for standing on your feet all day!
Spoiler alert: Rothy’s aint it, Sis.
First things first–I found the PERFECT Jumpsuit. And I have tried a LOT of jumpsuits. They’re either too baggy, scratchy, or just overall unflattering. This one is PERFECT. It even has pockets! There’s nothing wrong with this jumpsuit and I’m really picky!
*side note: These are taken in my office because it’s the only place in my house with good light! Sorry if my decor is distracting 😅
This dress makes me feel like Nancy Reagan, but in a good way 😂. I just need to add a snap since I don’t exactly fill it out on top. Link to Dress
I bought this dress on Amazon and LOVE it! Very light-weight for Summer and covers arm flab which I have more of thanks to 2020. Shop the Dress
I love this skirt and the fact that it can be for any season and be interchangeable with different tops makes me love it even more! PS I usually wear a Medium here, but I am returning for a Small.
and plus size!
1. Ruffle Front Long Sleeve Top
4. Balloon Tie Neck Blouse(my FAV!)
This dress made me feel like Angelina Jolie a little bit, but it’s definitely a dress that requires sucking in. Not for me, but would look amazing on someone who doesn’t mind sucking in or has nothing to suck in 😂. Shop the dress
These dress pants are the BEST. They have a wide waistband (Kind of like good yoga pants) that flatten your tummy and I’ve never had issues with having to pull up my pants all the time. That’s the WORST feeling, and these pants are gold. Also love this flattering top with them.
Layering in Texas is a must since it can literally go from 90 to 30 in one night. This super soft pea coat is so luxurious, but very affordable!
Other Outfits I haven’t tried but look promising:
1. Black Long Sleeve Mini Dress
2. Long Sleeve Shirt Dress, Black
3. Button Through Midi Dress, Black
4. Puff Sleeve Wrap Mini Dress, Black
5. Frill Sleeve Smock Dress, Black
1. Navy Balloon Sleeve Jumpsuit
5. Black Lace Midi Dress(OBSESSED!!!)
2. Long Sleeve Midi Sweater Dress
5. Black Swiss Dot Tiered Midi Dress
1. Tiered puff sleeve dress, black
2. Pleated midi skirt (Comes in a LOT of colors! I would probably rather have this one than the Target skirt because it’s shorter), black
7. Black puff-sleeved lace dress (LOVE THIS)
3. Short camel peacoat (This is the one I tried on above)
5. Long dark beige trench coat
Allison Jeffers is a photographer and educator serving sweet couples and helping other creative entrepreneurs reach their goals. She specializes in wedding photography, elopements, and proposals as well as Bridal and Engagement portraits in Texas. She is available for travel worldwide and has her passport ready!
share the love!